Saturday, July 15, 2017

Stabilizers - Tyranny (CD / 1986)




01 Tyranny 4:31
02 (If I) Found Rome 4:40
03 I Don't Need The Pain 4:05
04 Now I here You 4:05
05 One Simple Thing 4:10
06 Underground 4:47
07 Does Your Love Lie Open? 4:32
08 Place To Hide 3:43
09 You Pull Me Down 4:03






Following suit with my previous post. I picked this one up for about $20, but is sells for far more! The Stabilizers had one big track 'One Simple Thing' then seemed to just fade away from it all. Kind of funny too, as it seemed acts similar to them such as the Cutting Crew, Outfield and Pseudo Echo were making a big splash on the airwaves and in the Pop Rock world. Either way, it is a fine song that doesn't particularly have a personal memory attached to it. The rest of the disc seems a bit dated, but still holds up well. Other standout tracks include the title track 'Tyranny' and 'Underground'. All scans are included here along with lossless (FLAC) recording. Thanks. Enjoy!




 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, thanks for this! I had the vinyl back in the 80s when it came out and LOVED it. Haha, I even had the "One Simple Thing" single! I love all the songs you mentioned, as well as "(If I) Found Rome." It's a shame that these guys never made it big -- they should have been huge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right?! Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for this one, RA... Bought "One Simple Thing" on iTunes several years back, but now it and the rest of the album (which I unfortunately did not purchase) are no longer available. Real treat to have the rest of it now, thanks to your generosity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete