Friday, July 14, 2017

Rock And Hyde - Under The Volcano (Import CD / 1987)









Blame it on the Summer. I've neglected the blog due to a variety of reasons, but I'm going with the excuse 'Summer' and all it has to offer. Actually, I have been busy, but my goals remain true. Recent record and CD purchases have been numerous. One of my biggest focuses has been the Pop-Rock scene of the mid to late eighties. A mass of HTF CD's from one off artists have been purchased via all avenues for an undisclosed amount of coin! This post being one of them. I posted the 12 inch of 'Dirty Water' previously and I still want to get my hands on the 'I Will' extended release, but for now, the full length will have to suffice. This release will forever remind me of the Summer of 1987. Recorded in lossless FLAC this time around with all the scans included. 'Summer On' my friends...Thanks as always! Enjoy!


11 comments:

  1. I'd totally forgotten about this tune! Bit of a one-hit wonder for me, with Dirty Water, but nice to be able to check out their album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The re-release of this album via iTunes has I Will (Extended Mix). It's not FLAC but let me know if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the offer! I love iTunes in a pinch, but their file share bit rate pisses me off to no end. I'm working on redoing their two 12 inch singles (in FLAC), so stay tuned if you want a HQ recording. :)

      Delete
    2. The two 12 inch singles? Oh, I am totally interested. Rock and Hyde suffered from changing their names constantly. Payola$, Payolas, Paul Hyde and the Payolas then finally Rock and Hyde...all within less than 10 years. Loved Under the Volcano though. So good!

      Delete
    3. Working on those 12 inches. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  3. Lovely post-Payola$ work before Bob Rock went on to become the producer dejour for every hard rock band in the early 90s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely feelin' like Christmas in July around here... Thanks for the Rock And Hyde, RA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Good one. Time to share a few more of my harder to find releases. :) Thanks again.

      Delete