Sunday, July 30, 2017

Charlie Sexton - Pictures For Pleasure (CD / 1985)




01 Impressed 4:19
02 Beats So Lonely 5:16
03 Restless 4:58
04 Hold me 4:32
05 Pictures For Pleasure 4:57
06 Tell Me 4:32
07 Attractions 4:30
08 You Don't Belong Here 4:58
09 Space 3:31






I recently replaced a broken link to Charlie Sexton's twelve inch for 'Impressed' and it got me to thinking. One, I need to redo his first two twelve inch releases in a lossless format with HD scans and two, I really should post this full length to coincide with my recent blog posts. So...here you have it. Not a hard to find CD, but still, worthy of a share. This takes me back to the mid eighties nightclub scene, when music was music and Dead Or Alive would be played next to Gene Loves Jezebel and it ALL worked. Ha! I guess Sundays are for reminiscing about 'them' glory days. Anyway, here you are. All the scans and a lossless share for your 'pleasure'. Thanks as always and enjoy!


8 comments:

  1. Wow great post!! thank u!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing! Thanks for taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  2. Only ever known "Beat's So Lonely", which I like, so I was interested to hear this album. It's surprisingly decent - solid enough songs, and while Keith Forsey's production is definitely indicative of the era, that's not a bad thing. Good stuff - thanks RA.

    Don't suppose you have the Japanese "Mixed Impressions" CD EP?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelf! I'm already looking into the EP you speak of. Gotta love Discogs!!!

      Delete
  3. Fantastic! I've been hoping for a copy of this for years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, THIS ALBUM. The first time I ever heard "Beat's So Lonely," I was in a "new wave club" (sadly, gone now thanks to Hurricane Katrina) during my college years at Tulane. I immediately fell in love with the song and bought the album (on vinyl, no less! ah, them was the days) the next day. All these years later, I still love that song -- and the entire album! And his second self-titled album is pretty great, too. He's an amazing musician.

    Have you ever heard the self-titled album he did with the Arc Angels back in the 90s? That one is definitely worth a listen. The track "Sent By Angels" is a pretty damn good indication that there just might be a heaven, at least in the musical sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you! I was at a 'long-gone' club when I first heard him and the video too! I'll need to find his second release and go back to the Arc Angels again. Thanks for the comment! :)

      Delete