Wednesday, April 26, 2017

The Lotus Eaters - You Don't Need Someone New (UK 12 Inch / 1983)




01 You Don't Need Someone New 5:07
02 Two Virgins Tender 4:01
03 You Don't Need Someone New (Charleston Mix) 6:07






A random post in the midst of collecting (more) local music for the blog. One of the lesser known Lotus Eater twelve inch releases from 1983 that lead to the largely successful follow up 'The First Picture Of You'. Quite honestly, it has been in my collection for years and this is the first I've listened to it in about the same time. All recorded in FLAC format with HD scans. I recently sold this on discogs, hence the post here. Thank you. Enjoy!  


12 comments:

  1. LOVED this song back in the day. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right on! Thank you for the comment.

      Delete
  2. Lotus Eaters have situational memories so intense I can sometimes not bear to listen. In a good way. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Nice. Thanks for commenting. :)

      Delete
  3. *-* Great band bro! another gem unjustly forgotten in time.

    many thanks for this RA!

    - Harry Wave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  4. Wow brilliant - any chance of similar treatment on any other 12" from this fine band :) Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might get back around to redoing the 'First Picture of You' 12 inch, other than that, I'm a bit limited to what I have by them. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Absolutely LOVE this song and "The First Picture of You." Sadly, my copy of their "No Sense of Sin" album vanished a long time ago. What I would give to have that back again! It's a great record.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm working on trying to resolve your issue...stay tuned. :)

      Delete
  6. In my opinion, their best single. Love the ext. mix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. Stay tuned! I have some full length releases from TLE I'm going to post!

      Delete