Thursday, March 2, 2017

Sisters Of Mercy - Alice (Dirty Funker Mixes) (Import Promo 12 Inch / 2003)






01 Alice (Dirty Funker Mix) 7:54
02 Alice (Doctor Dirty Funker's Avalanche Dub) 6:55








Taking some time, plenty of it, to post some vinyl for a change. The process of recording, scanning and all that goes into my record posts takes me three times longer than just dropping in a flac remaster of a CD. Most of the time what I'm recording from vinyl is actually something I sold on Discogs. This just so happens to be the case with this 2003 release. I found it for 4$ and sold it for $12. This is a 24/96 flac recording along with all HD scans. Perhaps a few of you SOM die hards have this and/or will enjoy it. Alice is a great track to begin with, so dropping in a 4/4 beat and some effects over the top of it seems...ehh...you be the judge. Thanks! Enjoy!


10 comments:

  1. -= Faith Healer =-March 2, 2017 at 1:51 PM

    All the Dirty Funker Remixes are pretty damn solid!

    I love SOM and have pretty much all their stuff but did not have this one in FLAC, so THANK YOU very much, RAF!!!

    I so wish they would put out new material ... they can't seriously hide behind that lawsuit from 30 years ago anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So right! Thank you for the share...

      Delete
  2. Fantastic stuff here!... love the Dirty Funker Remixes, I'll have to get out my AC/DC Dirty Funker boot now..he he...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sacrilege! I'm all for reworking a tune for the dancefloor, but this mix really doesn't do it. Sounds good though - well done on the vinyl transfer, RA :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelf! I'm with you regarding the track.

      Delete
  4. Fantastic! I've never heard these mixes and they're great! Not sure I would have liked these back in the day, but as an old fart, I love them now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charles! It's a bit more novelty and 'updated' for me, but I guess any version of this classic has some merit.

      Delete
  5. waoww in lossless amazin ♥ thank you sir the best of the best ♪

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! Thanks...fun material.

      Delete