Sunday, February 19, 2017

The Nails - Mood Swing (CD Remaster / 2007)







The Nails were so much more than the novelty hit '88 Lines About 44 Women'! Here is your chance to get a rare taste of what they were really about. Think more in the lines of the Suburbs with a splash of (early) Wall Of Voodoo. Marc Cambell's baritone vocals and Douglas Guthrie's sax performances are stellar and their cover of the 1967 track 'Let It All Hang Out' by the Hombres is a class act from the get go! It's time for you to realize just how much the Nails ARE NOT 88 Lines...at all...seriously. Flac recording from the rare 2007 Remaster release. All scans included. Happy Sunday friends...Enjoy!



5 comments:

  1. Thanks! I used to hear 88 lines on CFNY out of Toronto way back when they were doing innovative programming. Never picked this one up though. Looking forward to listening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome. I too, was only introduced to 88 Lines on one of my local college stations back in the day. I've had their albums for awhile, but only recently came across the CD. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Thank You

    The only things by them I had heard were "88 Lines..." and their take on The Hombres' "Let It All Hang Out".
    Looking forward to hearing their other stuff.

    PS
    Being here in Buffalo, NY I also become familiar with "88 Lines..." via CFNY out of Toronto.

    Again, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a friend who lived in Toronto as well back then. He had nothing but praise for that station. It makes me wish that there would have been something similar here (locally) in the States. I guess KROQ out of L.A. comes pretty close.

      Delete
    2. Funny, I am from Buffalo. I wonder if we know each other or any of the same people...

      Delete