Monday, November 28, 2016

Pete Shelley - Heaven & The Sea (CD / 1986)




01 Waiting For Love 3:47
02 On Your Own 3:46
03 They're Coming For You 4:14
04 I Surrender 4:09
05 Life Without Reason 4:35
06 Need A Minit 2:54

07 Never Again 3:42
08 My Dreams 4:30
09 Blue Eyes 4:26
10 You Can't Take That Away 4:26
11 No Moon...5:12






Sitting here at three in the early Monday morning slogging through rows of twelve inches in random stacks. It is my time, deciding this direction, that direction. More of this, less of that. That thought is always in my head when I post here. To be honest, it's a bit complex within regards to other blogs I follow.You do your research and try not to be outdone or outshine someone else, but in the long run, it is your page and you are on your own. On that note, I have decided to whip up Pete Shelley's third solo effort. I haven't seen it posted in a bit, so we'll have at it. I think that most of the twelve inches released by Pete have been well covered around the blogosphere, so I will just keep those in their respective alphabetically filed locales. This is the original 1986 CD release recorded in FLAC with all the art. Thanks as always. Enjoy!


5 comments:

  1. always loved "on your own", pete was a great singles songwriter. he hadn't released anything since the mid-80s but apparently came out with this experimental album this past summer: https://www.discogs.com/Pete-Shelley-Cinema-Music-And-Wallpaper-Sounds-/master/1019976

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, forgot to add: thanks for posting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and you're welcome! I'll check that discogs link...

      Delete
  3. This is an excellent, excellent album. I've always been a bigger fan of "Homosapien," but honestly, anything that Pete Shelley does is worth a listen. The guy is brilliant.

    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right on! I agree and I have 'most' of his solo material in one shape or form. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete