Saturday, September 10, 2016

Depth Charge - Bounty Killers (Import 12 Inch / 1989)




01 Bounty Killers 7:20
02 Bounty Killers (Death Is Ma Name...) 8:56






Samples galore and cowboy twang ride in on this breakbeat ode to the great Clint Eastwood and his spaghetti western classic from 1973 'High Plains Drifter'. J. Saul Kane is the mastermind of this release. All art and recordings are from this import twelve inch. The full working title of track two is far longer than I care to type out, but it is all included in the mix. Enjoy Pardner!


Bounty: Killers

8 comments:

  1. Fun track ... early breakbeat and acid house was soo innovative ... love it!

    way underrated band!

    AS usual, excellently obscure and phenomenal upload, perfectly sidestepping the mainstream!

    I only had this in low quality, so this is quite a treat!!!




    https://r99-777-29.tot13-per12-la22.com/stream/57d57748e4b0df383e28763a?st=kGEWpty98zxeoBjgGSfvTg==&e=1473696225&u=wnux0AUq6z44yRoh5Znl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Faith Healer! I always appreciate your comments, shares and insight. BTW, everything I record is in WAV format now, but downsized for the blog. ;)

      Delete
    2. Very smart! Since hard drive space is becoming so easily available now. I wish I had always done that. Before my record collection was stolen, I started to rip some of them to MP3 but in 128K ... lol

      Delete
  2. J. Saul Kane is a legend of the early club (and smaple) scene. Used to have most of the early singles (along with fellow label artist Eon). The second single as Depth Charge and it is pure class. Dub tempo westerns. A new genre for '89.
    jbinjapan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it. Yes, I too, had the EON material as well as D.C. I really need to go back into the records and dig out more. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. My pleasure for you post some really great stuff (though I wish I could spell after a few stellas)...
    jbinjapan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I salute you and a few 'Stella's', not at the moment, but soon. ;)

      Delete