Friday, August 19, 2016

V/A - The Enigma Variations (Double LP / 1985)








I've been wanting to post this one for sometime. What can I say about this release? An incredible cross section of artists from the now long gone Southern California 'Enigma' label. This was before the label went on to represent the hair metal band Poison and a bunch of other 'good' odd ducks. Each record side represents several groups with similar musical backgrounds. I bought this in 1986 and immediately let it play continually. Side four was a particular favorite. So, whatever your musical tastes, I'm certain you will find something on this compilation to prize. All art is from my release. The recordings are taken from the CD version of the same name, except  six tracks that I recorded from the vinyl as they were not included on the disc version. Happy Friday friends!


Enigma Variations: Part One

Enigma Variations: Part Two

13 comments:

  1. -= Faith Healer =-August 19, 2016 at 8:46 AM

    niiiice!!!!

    EXCELLENT COMP!

    thank you again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I'm going to post the second compilation too.

      Delete
  2. great stuff thanks. Added a link to you on my blog. Alan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! Thank you Alan. I appreciate the addition of the link.

      Delete
    2. Added your blog here too! Nice!

      Delete
  3. LOVE THIS!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear! It's super comp! Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for this one, I had the vinyl LP back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I still do have it, but it's going to be sold on Discogs.

      Delete
  5. The Pool track is fantastic - Can't stop listening to it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I think I have posted the original 12 inch here on the blog! Thanks!

      Delete
  6. OH MY GOSH, THIS ALBUM! I had this on vinyl way back in the 80s -- it was one of my favorites then, and I never thought I'd find it again! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for posting it!

    (It is bad that I literally screeched in happiness and jumped up and down when I saw this post?!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your comment! I have the vinyl and CD. I will be posting the Enigma Variations 2 soon, so stay tuned. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete