Tuesday, August 9, 2016

The Damned - Eloise (US 12 Inch / 1986)




01 Eloise 5:09
02 Beat Girl 2:17
03 Temptation 4:05

Bonus

04 Eloise (Version) 7:49
05 Eloise (Extravagant Mix) 9:34
06 Eloise (No Sleep Until Wednesday 6:50 Mix) 6:50






I recently ordered the Damned's 'Phantasmagoria' and I re-ordered 'Anything' as well. Both were remastered and expanded in 2009. Not sure why I sold my original 2009 disc. Oh well. Either way, I was going through my diminished Damned 12 inch collection and realized I needed the upgraded discs to compensate for vinyl I once had! A good collection is the MCA release 'A Sides' and 'B Sides', but the quality of the recordings on the discs is for beginners only. 

The mid-80's was the time I discovered/danced/enjoyed the band. It wasn't until after this time frame that I would begin to understand the depth and background of their full catalogue. This is one of the twelve inches I still have. Here's more Info  on the release. I've included a bunch of bonus mixes as well. A few are from the 2009 Remaster of 'Anything' and the 'No Sleep...' remix was taken from YouTube and then cleaned up and tweaked a bit (not my original recording). All art is from the better of the two releases I have. Enjoy friends! 


The Damned: Eloise

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for this, it is much appreciated. Also do you have any Toyah Wilcox 12'' singles. I was really nuts about her back in the 80's. thanks again for all the postings. Brings back alot of good memories...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I'll look into the Toyah for you. I might have a few. Stay tuned...

      Delete
    2. I have sent a few 12"s to djjedredy on his MyVinylDreams blog plus another I'll be sending (Soul Passing Through) just for a heads up or whatever.

      Thanks

      Mike B.

      Delete
    3. I was a bit dry on the Toyah...didn't really have anything, so thanks for sharing that one on MVD! I check his blog every couple of days, so I'll be on the lookout.

      Delete
  2. -= Faith Healer =-August 16, 2016 at 2:21 PM

    Back from vacation and all I see is masterpieces on this blog, as usual!!!

    ;-D

    I actually bought Phantasmagoria on vinyl, when it came out, solely based on the cover. I knew The Damned from their Punk days and was intrigued by the GOTHIC cover ... Sanctum Sanctorum is still one of my favorite goth songs of all time!

    The ELOISE 12" was included in Blue Vinyl as a bonus insert!

    Thank you soooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have the gray vinyl of 'Grimly Feindish', no idea where that one went, but I'm looking to buy that LP w/ the additional blue 12 inch! A lovely release that I want in my collection.

      Delete
    2. -= Faith Healer =-August 17, 2016 at 8:00 AM

      I'd give it to ya, if I still had my collection.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the thought. It's not too pricey on discogs.

      Delete
    4. RA Feutz,

      How have you been!

      Excellent Share and thank you for this!

      Al I have is the original 12" with the spic 'n' span mix, a little worn. Then the phantasmagoria 1985 CD edition with the wicked editions mixes. A few more as well.

      A question, since you know the band well, were there any more editions with expanded content (for phantasmagoria + others)? Sorry I'll check later just thought I'd ask you in the meantime.

      Thanks

      Mike B.

      Delete
    5. Thank Mike! I'd have to do more 'Discogs' digging to get you more info. I always suggest checking that site. In this day and age, everything should be expanded and remastered!! :)

      Delete