Sunday, August 7, 2016

Paul Haig - The Only Truth (UK 12 Inch / 1984)




01 The Only Truth (U.S. Remix) 7:04
02 The Only Truth (Instrumental) 7:01
03 Ghost Rider 3:03






Dropping a few Paul Haig 12 inches into the mix. This track is actually the first song I had ever heard by him. I have to thank my friend Robert for the Wolfram video collection he had back in 1988 / 1989. It was on one of those VHS tapes that this track appeared. Following that, it appeared on a lot of my mix tapes I had made. This is the 7+ minute version as opposed to the 3:49 album version from 'The Warp Of Pure Fun' The instrumental is just that but with added guitar work. 'Ghost Ride' takes a 180 turn on the electronic idea and goes for a full on western cow-punk craze. OK...stay tuned for another lovely track from Mr. Haig soon! Enjoy!


The Only: Truth

4 comments:

  1. love Paul Haig mate, thx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Thank you. I have the UK 12 inch of 'Heaven Sent' coming up.

      Delete
  2. Awesome track produced by New Order's Bernard Sumner and ACR's Donald Johnson. "Ghost Rider" is a Suicide cover, by the way. You're on fire, RA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelf! I guess you could say it was a good one to post. :)

      Delete