Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Gene Loves Jezebel - Discover (2 CD Deluxe Remaster / 2013)








I had several requests for this release after I posted the twelve inch of 'Desire'. I thought I'd throw it into the mix today as I prep a few other (time consuming) vinyl selections for the blog. This remaster is quite descent. The mix is not brick walled, but sounds clean and punchy. The inclusion of the second CD with all the mixes is great too. I pretty much have most of the twelve inch releases from the 1986 'Discover' years, so this is saving me some time from actually recording them from vinyl like a did years ago for my DJing gigs. There might be a few b-sides missing, but that you will have to dig into on the Discogs site for. All good! Recordings and art are from my personal copy. Enjoy!
 
 
Discover:  CD 1    Discover: CD 2

5 comments:

  1. Nice! I already have this and I must agree that it is a decent album, for the American market, but it is not their best. That honour belongs to "Immigrant"

    I may post it soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andie! I agree, but it is this one that made me a solid GLJ fan! I'll check your blog for updates. I'm looking for the updated versions of all their releases. I might buy that box set that is out there too.

      Delete
    2. The Box Set is good, but it doesn't add anything new to the Two Disc Deluxe Editions.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I appreciate the comment.

      Delete