Monday, July 18, 2016

V/A - Give Peace A Dance (2 CD Import / 1991)








I can't think of a more appropriate time to share this release. Of course, back in 1991 there was a slue of problems going on as well, but nothing like you see today. Living in the U.S. has hardened and saddened me in so many ways. Seeing what has been going on in Europe and across the globe as well, has me shrugging my shoulders. I have outlets for that. I revel in my family, my music, this blog and good friends. I only hope for the best and for those in the U.S. to be better than what has already been shared with the world. These next few weeks of the Summer and 2016 as a whole are going to be huge. I've been forewarning many regarding such events, not that I'm a doomsayer, but more like an 'I told you so'. OK....enough with the soapbox. I don't want my blog to go off on a tangent here and I certainly don't expect you (the viewer) to feel a need to respond. It's just me huffing...

All the scans and recordings are from my 2 CD release. The tracks are all mixed together, but not in the traditional sense. My personal favourite has always been CD 2. I encourage you to give this a listen and let 'Peace' sink in for you and yours and possibly for just one fleeting moment.


Give Peace A Dance:  CD 1

 Give Peace A Dance:  CD 2

8 comments:

  1. -= Faith Healer =-July 19, 2016 at 8:10 AM

    I agree with you: These are truly scary times. I hope this year does not go into history books as the first year of WW3 (and before you laugh, note that there was less chaos leading to WW 1 and 2).

    This awesome compilation reminds me of musicians getting together to try and affect global change in the 80s (Live Aid, etc.). Where are these people now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the same thing, but others in the world are ready to make a go for muddying the waters, especially when the U.S. is in a year of turmoil and elections. As for the people leading the way in trying to collectively get everyone on the same page?> Yeah, don't know about that. The world certainly has fractured into a million smaller groups trying to change everything. Thank you internet...lol! ;)

      Delete
  2. So good even now! Vol 2 & Vol 3 would be such a treat! They're hard to find these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe I have those too. Checking...thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. I´m searching for 12ers of "Nacht und Nebel". Can you help me? Thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well stated observations and sentiments - couldn't agree more. Thanks for sharing the music and your emotions, RA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Thanks for the comment Shelf. Glad to see that you have continued with the blog, despite me commenting on all of it...ugh...lol! Best to you!

      Delete