Friday, July 8, 2016

Robotiko Rejekto - The Cyper Space (Import CD / 1990)












Stepping back into the Techno / EBM / New Beat zone with this ultimate German classic from 1990. Five singles were released  prior to and following this LP/CD. I think that the 12 inch releases were far better than this 'compilation' CD, so to speak. I mean, the actual singles had the extended mixes and remixes, whereas what you have here are the edits. I would have preferred more of the 12 inch mixes as opposed to the two and three minute tracks. Oh well. I think this is a fine release and quite the embodiment of what the European 'Techno' sound was at the time. This is still fetching some good money on Discogs, so give it a listen and then decide if it's worth it to have the CD/LP release in your 'physical' collection. I thank the stars for for all that Andreas Tomalla (Talla 2XLC) put out musically back then! Enjoy and Happy Weekend! 


All recordings from this post are from my actual CD release. All the images of the LP release are from my record (via Kim J). The CD images are courtesy of Discogs only because I can't find my original art!!


Robotiko:  Rejekto

9 comments:

  1. -= Faith Healer =-July 9, 2016 at 7:05 AM

    Talla 2XLC rules!!! He was truly a pioneer!
    I had all of the RR 12"es, but never actually heard this full compilation. So, I am actually excited about this!

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on uploading all the 12 inches (most) along with the CD Singles I have! Stay tuned!

      Delete
    2. -= Faith Healer =-July 10, 2016 at 6:45 AM

      niiiice!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing and I can hardly waiting for your new post with more RR material. I have two CD singles only and I allways wanted to have this release
    https://www.discogs.com/Robotiko-Rejekto-Umsturz-Jetzt/master/657657

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! This was a great remastered reissue! Infacted records did a fine job with all the remastered issues of the classics! More to come. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
    2. -= Faith Healer =-July 10, 2016 at 6:49 AM

      That entire Infacted series has been stellar so far ... I hope it keeps going!


      RAF, if you want, share the link with Rommel above, looks like the link is still alive on the old blog: http://electro-body-music-reloaded.blogspot.com/2011/06/robotiko-rejekto-umsturz-jetzt-2011.html

      Delete
  3. -= Faith Healer =-July 10, 2016 at 11:31 AM

    dammit, I hate when you do this to me but now I have to look for some of the Technodrome comps I used to have, like

    https://www.discogs.com/Various-Welcome-To-The-Technodrome/master/57548

    and

    https://www.discogs.com/Various-New-Beat-Edit-1/release/408462

    lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. those two comps were what got me hooked. i had heard most of those songs in a club but never could identify them, then one day i purchased welcome to the technodrome and to my surprise all the music i was looking for. after that i started buying everything that had talla's and t.d.i.'s name on it.

    ReplyDelete