Sunday, July 3, 2016

Clan Of Xymox - A Day (UK Import 12 Inch / 1985)




01 A Day (Re-Mix) 9:12
02 Stranger (Re-Mix) 5:23






Imagine my surprise in reviewing my blog posts to find NO Clan Of Xymox! A quick search across the other blogs I follow netted me very little in the way of C.O.X, but a good bit of the late 80's, early 90's Xymox output. That's fine because I love that time frame of their music as well. This 12 inch though, this started my love of the 4.A.D. label and all the bands therein! Much of my 4 A.D. influence goes back to my days at MIAD (Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design) and late night listening to the local college radio station 91.7 WMSE (Milwaukee School of Engineering). The Fall of 1986 forever changed me.

Enough with me reminiscing about the past. Today's post is just the straight up 12 inch from Clan Of Xymox. I'm happy to say that I own this and haven't sold it! All the art was neatly scanned for you and the tracks sound impressive! Enjoy! (Happy 4th Of July / Independence Day to my U.S. followers!)


Clan Of Xymox: A Day

7 comments:

  1. -= Faith Healer =-July 4, 2016 at 10:23 AM

    LOOOOVE this song, actually both songs. This piece of vinyl never left my crate and I usually played both sides!

    One of your best shares yet!


    Happy 4th to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks F.H.! I wanted more singles released from this first LP and Medusa! I think they would have sold well, not to mention the collectible fashion of it given the 4AD label and all the 23 Envelope art! Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. -= Faith Healer =-July 7, 2016 at 12:16 PM

    Clan of Xymox Tribute Mix:

    http://www.mediafire.com/download/i075e08msanu0ph/Clan_Of_Xymox_%28Tributo_Chile_2016%29.7z


    Password: clubebm

    Mix Part 001

    She is Falling in Love - Clan of Xymox
    Love's on Diet - Clan of Xymox
    Obssesion (Club Mix) - Xymox
    Back Door - Clan Of Xymox
    Louise - Clan Of Xymox
    This World - Clan of Xymox
    Venus (Shocking Blue cover) - Clan of Xymox
    Stranger (Re-mix) 1985 - Clan of Xymox

    Mix Part 002

    Heroes (David Bowie cover) - Clan of Xymox
    Farewell - Clan of Xymox
    Jasmine And Rose - Clan of Xymox
    Blue Monday (New Order cover) - Clan of Xymox
    Emily - Clan of Xymox
    Hail Mary - Clan of Xymox
    In Love We Trust - Clan of Xymox
    Muscoviet Musquito - Clan of Xymox
    A Day - Clan of Xymox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super cool! I haven't heard this. Thanks for the share. Stay tuned for another classic release later to day on the blog. The post will be from one of the early German pioneers of 'Techno'...so to speak.

      Delete
  3. these may be of interest:

    Clan of Xymox - Kindred Spirits

    01 Clan of Xymox - Venus (Shocking Blue)
    02 Clan of Xymox - Alice (The Sisters of Mercy)
    03 Clan of Xymox - Is Vic There (Department S)
    04 Clan of Xymox - A Forest (The Cure)
    05 Clan of Xymox - Something I Can Never Have (Nine Inch Nails)
    06 Clan of Xymox - Red Light (Siouxsie & the Banshees)
    07 Clan of Xymox - Decades (Joy Division)
    08 Clan of Xymox - Heroes (David Bowie)
    09 Clan of Xymox - A Question of Time (Depeche Mode)
    10 Clan of Xymox - Creep (Radiohead)
    11 Clan of Xymox - Blue Monday (New Order)

    http://www.filefactory.com/file/6gthzma5rmi9/clan-spirit.rar


    Clan of Xymox - The John Peel Sessions

    01 Clan of Xymox - Stranger
    02 Clan of Xymox - Muscoviet Mosquito
    03 Clan of Xymox - Seventh Time
    04 Clan of Xymox - After the Call
    05 Clan of Xymox - Agonised By Love
    06 Clan of Xymox - Mesmerised

    http://www.filefactory.com/file/6sc4ro9iiodx/clan-peel.rar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice! I believe I have these in my collection already, but it will be great for anyone else interested. I appreciate the share!

      Delete
    2. -= Faith Healer =-July 9, 2016 at 7:15 AM

      Thank you at "Anonymous" above ... I think I have a pretty complete Xymox collection, as I'm sure RF does too, but their cover album is soo good, I wish they would put out another one. You've gotta love it when bands actually make cover versions sound like their own (like Metallica)!

      Delete