Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Severed Heads - Greater Reward (Canadian 12 Inch / 1988)




01 Greater Reward (Extended Mix) 9:53
02 Greater Reward (Radio Mix) 3:53
03 Greater Reward (Dub Mix) 7:12
04 Nation 4:30






Well, I finally got around to recording this superb 12 inch from Severed Heads. I had pulled it from my collection six months ago with all good intentions to make a post of it. Here we are. If you are any bit of a Severed Heads / Tom Ellard fan like me, I implore you to go to his Bandcamp page and purchase all that he has put up! Most of the releases have been remastered by him and how can you beat the price...$5US for each! This particular 12 inch hasn't been put up on the page, but a few mixes have been included into some of the album releases, but you won't find the lot of it. All recordings are from my vinyl as well as all the art. I nearly forgot how much I loved this release! Enjoy! 


Severed Heads: Greater Reward

4 comments:

  1. Awww yeah, at almost ten minutes! Replaced my crappy crackly copy with your clean one. Now I find the housey bits that used to mildly irritate kind of charming. This was right before my best one, All Saints Day. A one of a kind group. Thanks man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I felt the same way about the piano-house treatments back then, but as you said, now it's got a place. 'All Saint's Day' was brilliant too. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. Cheers for posting this single. A clever change of direction for Severed Heads (possibly influenced by the house scene in the UK) but the lead track is just great and has passed the test of time very well.
    jbinjapan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I completely agree with you!

      Delete