Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Signal Aout 42 - Pro Patria (Import CD / 1989)








A lovely example of late 80's electronic industrial / EBM / New Beat! I realized that my blog was missing a nice collection of SA 42, so let me start here, especially seeing that I have been going in this direction for some time. I originally had most of Jacky Meurisse's releases. This was back in the mid 90's. I unfortunately did not record or copy the artwork like I do now, prior to selling it. What I was left with was a series of thrown together scans and less than acceptable bit rate recordings. That was then. Now I'm working on replacing all those back files. This post is from the actual CD that I purchased recently. I can't say it goes cheap! Expect to drop anywhere from $40-$70 on eBay or Discogs. Feel free to enjoy it here! I, of course will be relisting mine on Discogs for those of you who need the physical love of a CD! 


Pro: Patria

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this one. I think there's an issue with teh final track, "Pleasure and Crime," it ends at 1:50 and I think it's supposed to be c. 5:00 long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, This is the CD release, but there is a longer version on the 12 inch and re-release along with the 1990 12 inch too. Keep posted! More to come. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  2. SA42, one of my favorite groups. Pro Patria, one of my all time favorite cds.
    Do you have Jacky Meurisse's solo song
    "Black Country"? It was released on vinyl only. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I loved many of these tracks, but 'Secret Garden' was a favourite! I don't have that track, but will begin hunting it down!

      Delete
  3. Thanks a lot! I've been listening to SA 42 and Borghesia albums lately. By the way, there's an issue with track 12 (Pleasure & Crime) - it abruptly ends at 1:49 (it was supposed to be longer).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment and info regarding the track. Not sure what happened there. A new link will be up in a moment! I loved Borghesia too!

      Delete