Saturday, April 2, 2016

V/A - Terminator Soundtrack (CD Reissue / 1991)








Posting a few soundtracks. Both of these posts are unique. The movie 'The Terminator' came out back in 1984 and was an instant smash. The soundtrack followed typical fare back then, moody electronic synth, almost cheesy in this day and age. I had no idea how inspirational it would be today. There is a massive wave of artists creating similar soundtracks under the guise of 'Retro Wave', Synth Wave' and the likes. It's been going on for years! The recreations are astounding and seem to fit perfectly in that early 80's electronic synth sound. 


My real reason for posting this, beyond the 'classic' obvious, is the fact that I found this CD for $1 at my local Goodwill. Perfect condition too! Needless to say, it is up for sale on Discogs and it does not go for cheap! All art & recordings are from my personal copy. Enjoy the large chunk of cheese...lol! 


The Terminator: Soundtrack

3 comments:

  1. -= Faith Healer =-April 3, 2016 at 5:58 PM

    LEMMY RULES!!!

    Glad I got to see Motörhead live right before he passed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm assuming this comment was more for the 'Hardware' soundtrack. I never did get to see Motorhead play. Had a few opportunities way back, but it never materialized.

      Delete
  2. Anyone interested in the 2016 Remaster of this soundtrack and a great review and insight on the original release, go here....http://exystence.net/blog/2016/04/09/brad-fiedel-the-terminator-1984-remastered-2016/#more-69722

    ReplyDelete