Monday, April 4, 2016

Single Gun Theory - Exorcise This Wateland (Remix) (12 Inch / 1987)




01 Exorcise This Wasteland (Extended Remix) 5:40
02 Exorcise This Wasteland (Dub Mix) 3:12
03 Raise My Soul 3:43

Bonus

04 Exorcise This Wasteland (LP Mix) 4:09






Like my SPK post of recent, this twelve inch falls into my 'discovery' category. The title track shaped much of my listening and purchases back in 1987. I feel that I'm leaving out The Severed Heads in mentioning/posting this, as Single Gun Theory and SPK are from Australia. I will try to change that, so stay tuned. 

The Dub Mix is the hard mix to find, well, outside of this twelve inch. The Extended Remix and 'Raise My Soul' have all been previously released on reissued CD's from the band. I've included the original LP mix of 'Exorcise' for your comparison. All art is from my original 12 inch. The Dub Mix is directly from the record. All other tracks have been taken from the 2001 CD Reissue of 'Exorcise This Wasteland'. I will post that later. Thanks! Enjoy! 


Exorcise This: Wasteland 

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful and big thanks. There always seems to be some track that I didn't know was out there. Didn't know there was dub mix for this track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  2. -= Faith Healer =-April 4, 2016 at 5:37 AM

    Another great band/track!

    thank you

    Synthpop at it's best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. -= Faith Healer =-April 4, 2016 at 12:10 PM

    Amazing that there are thousands of 80s compilations and none of them reach outside usual spectrum, except for the NETTWERK Sound Samplers, of course. Great label!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing. I'm a life coach blogger. Reading blogs is my hobby and I randomly found your blog. I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future blogging endeavors. Please keep in touch with me in Twitter, @lifecoachbloger and Google+, +sridharchandrasekaran

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sridhar! I appreciate your comments and insight!

      Delete