Saturday, March 26, 2016

The Members - Going West (Import CD Reissue / 1997)








Everyone knows the track 'Working Girl' right? Ok, some of us do. What I found odd was that it charted on the Billboard Rock charts at number 34 back in March of 1983, but never crossed over to the Hot 100 charts. I used to hear it on the radio quite frequently back in the day and automatically assumed it was a Top 40. Just goes to show...perception and reality.

Anywho, here is the reissue version of their 1983 LP 'Going West'. It has also been previously released as 'Uprhythm Downbeat' back in 1982, so it had been around for quite a while, giving the 'Working Girl' track plenty of time to develop as a hit. What's really a rush is that most UK folk will recall when the band was punk, just as punk was beginning to fade. The bands punk hit 'The Sound Of The Suburbs' made waves throughout the UK, but never reached the US. It wasn't until MTV began that The Members would reach the US with the track 'Working' Girl'. 
All recording and art are taken from my import release. Enjoy!


The Members: Going West

8 comments:

  1. Excellent album. Anything to do with Martin Rushent gets my vote.
    I bought the 12 Inch of Radio at the time that has an amazing Dub Version on the flip side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you regarding Martin Rushent! I'll look into the 'Radio' 12 inch. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
    2. "radio" was recently used for a Duck Sauce song a couple years ago as well...

      Delete
    3. Interesting tidbit. It never ceases to amaze me what songs are used to grab people's attention in commercials. Thanks for the comment and info!

      Delete
  2. -= Faith Healer =-March 29, 2016 at 10:08 PM

    The Sound Of The Suburbs was a great song but I really love the Kraftwerk cover on this album!

    thank you for yet another treasure you won't find anywhere else on the net!

    Watching "Vinyl" on HBO right now reminds me that we are not the only nut jobs, who actually LOVE these classics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh, I have to check out that HBO show! Thanks for the reminder...

      Delete
  3. I LOVED this album back in the day! It came out when I was in my freshman year of college, and I listened to it every day (sometimes multiple times a day!) .... ah, the days of my long-ago youth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks for the insight and comment!

      Delete