Monday, October 12, 2015

MCL (Microchip League) - Code Numbers (Import LP / 1987)




01 Microchip League 5:02
02 Satellite 3;56
03 Stranger 5:05
04 New York 4;59
05 Communicate (Razormaid! Mix) 7;18
06 Power Plant 4:20
07 You Know 4;12
08 Short Wave Symphony 5:03






I finally recorded this. That's more of a statement to myself than to you. I bought this ages ago, perhaps not 1987, but short after and have never really played it...let alone recorded it. I already had the 'New York' and 'Communicate' twelve inches along with a bunch of other Razormaid! mixes, so no need, until now. After going through my files, I realized that I had previously downloaded versions of this LP. Most of them were in a sub par bit rate and were not well recorded. So here we go. I realize that this CD is out there 'Different Mixes', but I really wanted the originals. All get out, these are from the vinyl (via Adobe Audition) and they have been cleaned up and re-eq'ed. I'm sure that you will find them a fine addition to your MCL folder, if you haven't already created one. All the art is from my original as well. Enjoy!


Microchip League: Code Numbers

15 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for another excellent post,

    Your time, hard work and generosity are very much appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Retro Angel! I appreciate your kind words and comment!

      Delete
  2. Thank you very much!! Much like you, I have a bunch of the Razormaids but never actually heard the album...very nice share, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Cory! I was a Razormaid-a-holic! I pretty much had everything back then. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
    2. I'm in the same situation as Cory. I have the Razormaid mixes as well as the Different Mixes compilation, so this is a great gap filled.

      Delete
    3. I think most of us who new anything about MCL had the general diet of what was out there. This was always the elusive find. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. -= Faith Healer =-October 14, 2015 at 1:59 PM

    AWESOME SURPRISE! I only know (and love) the two songs 'New York' and 'Communicate', so this is a real treat for me!

    thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! You're welcome. I think you'll find all the similar sounds of those two tracks within the body of this release. Such an influential sound. The early artists on New Zone & Zoth Ommog Records used this as a building block...

      Delete
    2. Not to mention Talla 2XLC and all his collaborations of '88-'90!

      Delete
    3. I agree. I followed pretty much everything Talla did well into the new millenium. Bigod 20 is absolute cult! ZOTH OMMOG is one of my most favorite labels of all time! I love their old compilations!

      Delete
  4. -= Faith Healer =-October 15, 2015 at 3:36 PM

    John Lydon's solo album sounds more like PIL/Leftfield than Sex Pistols but I think it would be good share on your blog:

    http://nitroflare.com/folder/10514/Lz0EwQ0RzL0pMeWRvbjk3UFA=
    https://www.uploadable.ch/list/QDxqyaTk8DNN
    https://www.oboom.com/folder/8GVS8USL/JLydon97PP

    Also a good share on here:

    The Mission - Singles A's & B's (2015)

    nothing really rare on there but still a good collection of one of the geatest bands ever IMHO.

    http://nitroflare.com/view/1D5BEC920F766D1
    http://www.hitfile.net/89LK

    feel free to share

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the links. I recently found the Mission release. It's out on a few other blogs I follow. I'm usually apprehensive about dropping new releases into the blog, just because of DMCA take down standards. Nonetheless, I will keep the links here if you are cool with that. Thanks again! FH!

      Delete
  5. Loved the New York song back in the day. yet never knew there was a full length album attached to the song. Thank You for this excellent post !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Lonnie! Thanks fore the comment.

      Delete