Saturday, August 1, 2015

Kissing The Pink - Radio On (Import 12 Inch / 1984)




01 Radio On 5:09
02 Katherine Clarke 2:03
03 How Can I Live 3:34






I recently purchased this 12 inch and up until now, had only filed it away. It wasn't until I came across another KTP post on a blog I follow, Madchester Rave On, that it inspired me to convert it. This is quite a diverse release from Kissing The Pink (K.T.P). Released in 1984, it has 3 tracks that are all completely different in their make up and sound. The main track, 'Radio On', has a unique Art Of Noise feel while still maintaining a new wave pitch. Track two, 'Katherine Clarke', is a near bass less romp of echo vocals and sharp guitars. It has a Stranglers feel to it. The third track, 'How Can I Live', borders on an ambient tribal/world beat with female vocals repeating the title. I tried my best to work with this last track. It has sound quality issues that are only heard in the height of the vocal. Perhaps it's the pressing, perhaps it's the age of the record. Either way, it is still a fair enough recording to listen to. All art & recordings are directly from my 12 inch.


Radio: On

12 comments:

  1. -= Faith Healer =-August 1, 2015 at 7:34 PM

    Another great release! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been watching your blog for about 2 months, thanks for sharing!
    I liked that Trance compilation you posted a while ago. I was into 90s' trance music as a teen and I've got a renewed interest. I've been listening to Robert Miles lately, his songs 'Children' and 'Fable' are pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following and commenting, Corey! I go through phases here on the blog. Sometimes it's due to requests other times it's everything else. All over the map...kind of. I enjoyed Robert Miles and still have an interest in current trance tracks.

      Delete
  3. Great record, i like all three tracks on this release. Thanks for finding time to rip your 12'' vinyl copy and post on your blog.
    I don't have many of these early Kissing The Pink records, i'll try to find time to check anything i can find.
    Keep up the great work mate, you have amazing blog and great taste for music !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ricky! I appreciate you dropping by for the encouragement and comment. Always feel free to chat me up regarding what I might have in stock...we kind of work together either way! ;)

      Delete
  4. HOT DAMN! Thank you. I have been trying to get a copy of this for years. I used to play this on a radio station in the 80's and love the Katherine Clark track. I've only managed to get a lousy version from youtube. Until now! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charles! Yo are welcome. Despite knowing and liking KTP, I have been slow at digging into their back catalog, so this was a nice surprise...of course! Feel free to request anything you might be looking for on the Sidestepping facebook page.

      Delete
  5. Not sure if you saw this, but it was just posted recently on another great blog:

    http://electronicvibes.blogspot.ca/2015/08/kissing-pink-sugarland.html

    KISSING THE PINK Sugarland from 1994. Haven't heard it yet, but thought you might be interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charles, I did see that...and I did download it. I appreciate you highlighting it. I generally check out about 20-30 blogs a day, just to see what's up! ;)

      Delete
  6. Hi Feutz,

    Could you please add the following 12" to your future upload list?

    http://www.discogs.com/KTP-Certain-Things-Are-Likely/release/603544

    Thank you very much and have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A version of it was posted here https://methodsofdance.wordpress.com/2014/07/06/certain-things-are-likely/#comments, but the link is down. I had all the art and recording finished and in a file, but lost it due to my last computer crash. I'll work on re-doing it. Thanks!

      Delete