Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Philadelphia Five - Bump! / Jerry (Import 12 Inch / 1988)




01 Baby Do You Want To Bump 6:58
02 Not Leaving Without Jerry 8:05
03 Baby Do You Want To Bump (Rough Mix) 3:47






I've been wanting to post this for sometime. It was recently sold on Discogs, so again, I'm sharing it here...all of my art and recordings from the original KK Records (KK 002) release!  What can I say about these two individuals (Mark Borgions & Jo Lijnen) that were Philadelphia Five? Influential! They whipped up a dark electronic house sound that Cabaret Voltaire would mimic years later. I forget to mention that they were produced by the one and only Luc Van Acker!  This was released in 1988, but the tracks themselves go back a year or so prior. It was a top five underground dancefloor hit in the U.S. for several months! Unfortunate as it is, there are very few releases by the group, but I'd recommend all of them! 


Baby Do You Want To: Bump!

7 comments:

  1. -= Faith Healer =-July 28, 2015 at 6:14 PM

    NICE!!! What an awesome upload!!! You can always count on RAF to deliver the rare gems!

    T.H.A.N.K. .Y.O.U.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aces! Thanks again -=FH=-!

      Delete
    2. -= Faith Healer =-July 29, 2015 at 11:21 AM

      I think Luc Van Acker deserves his own Tribute compilation of all tracks he produced/recorded.

      Delete
    3. Now, that my friend, is a good idea! Let the Discogs research begin....lol!

      Delete
  2. THANIKS!!! Very much like Signal Aout 42 from the same time period. Essential EBM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. -= Faith Healer =-July 31, 2015 at 3:37 PM

    I am surprised that such a series doesn't already exist. I know Cleopatra has a series called "The Many Faces Of" for bands like Deep Purple to show the many associated acts. But it would make total sense to do the same for people like Luc Van Acker, Rhys Fulber, Al Jourgensen, Jello Biafra, Trevor Horn, Prince, etc. who were responsible for so many hits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It would be an excellent idea for any 'alternative' record company to pick. I'm sure the licensing aspect could be an issue. You never know.

      Delete