Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Chris & Cosey - October Love Song (UK 12 Inch / 1983)




01 October Love Song (Vocal Long Version) 6:58
02 October Love Song (Instrumental) 3:53
03 October Love Song (Vocal Short Version) 3:52
04 October Love Song (Dance Mix) 6:56

Bonus (from Various CD compilations)

05 October Love Song ('86 Version) 4:40
06 October Love Song (Dance Mix) 6:52
07 October Love Song (Remix) 3:57





Jeez, has it really been over a month since my last post? No excuses on my part....like...family, continually downloading and sharing on other blogs...etc. Massive apologies for the long hiatus!
Let's get back on it, shall we?

Today's post is a direct rip from the beat to hell UK vinyl I own (I should say owned, as I recently sold it on discogs, hence this post). That's not to say the recordings are all that bad, but they certainly aren't up to snuff with the CD versions. I have cleaned them up and re-EQ'ed a few things and it sounds fair enough. The actual art that I'm posting is a complete overhaul of the original. There was no way you wanted to see that mess. 

I've decided to post a few of the CD versions I culled from various artists compilations. Track 5 was taken from Funky Alternatives 1. Track 6 was taken from New Wave Club Classic 6 and the last track was taken from Exotika & Take Five

Give it a download and a listen. Feel free to comment.
Thanks again for your continued support and patience!


October Love: Song

14 comments:

  1. -= Faith Healer =-July 8, 2015 at 11:49 AM

    I'm not familiar with this one at all, but judging by all your other excellent uploads, this will prove to be another gem; so THANK YOU very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks F.H.! No doubt you will enjoy it. A certain classic. I was far more into Chris & Cosey's later period from 1986 forward, but have learned to fully appreciate their back catalogue!

      Delete
    2. -= Faith Healer =-July 8, 2015 at 4:36 PM

      GREAT TRACK indeed! Thank you again for the tip. I just saw that she was later a part of Throbbing Gristle. I will look for some of their other material!!!

      Delete
    3. Yes, Throbbing Gristle as well. The two of them were involved in quite a few projects!

      Delete
  2. Your return is most welcome, RA. Excellent single choice, as well - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MOD! I appreciate your visit, comment and support. Now to try and be a bit more regular in posting my obscurities! ;)

      Delete
  3. A Great Song of 2 great musicans (I like Throbbing Gristle too)....thank you very much & welcome back. Best regards MJK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANTASTIC single! Thanks for all of the rare mixes. I haven't heard these in years. Some of them, never! I love it, thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Charles! Thank you for the comment!

      Delete
  5. Wow! I thought i had everything about them, thnx from argentina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argentina! Nice! Thanks for the comment. C&C have quite a bit of material out there. I think that their 'Collectiv' series on CD is superb, besides their entire body of work!

      Delete
  6. Awesome! Thanks for this and all the xtras with it. I would be remiss if I didn't recommend Love's Secret Domain by Coil for those interested TG by products. Also, some of the housed-up Psychic TV might be of interest to folks. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing! You are welcome. Coil is a bit touch and go with me, same with the real early experimental C&C. I always got a kick out of Psychic TV and the angles that they would go. I truly enjoyed their output from '87-'92. Thanks again for commenting!

      Delete