Monday, March 23, 2015

The Pool - Where Did We Go Wrong (US 12 Inch / 1984)




01 Where Did We Go Wrong (Extended Mix) 5:05
02 Place In The Sun 4:13
03 Where Did We Go Wrong (Album Mix) 3:43






I recently picked up The Pool's '333+' remaster from 2014. I had no idea it was out! I'm quite happy to finally have an abundance of their tracks in remastered form, from the mid 80's. I was heavily into the Enigma records catalogue back then, so this will be a nice addition to my files. This brings me to my post for today. I originally heard this track on the Enigma Variations sampler from 1985 and I was able to locate the 12 inch version of it. All the art is from my actual 12 inch, but all the recordings are taken from the remastered CD. The tracks sound great and weren't 'brick-walled' in the remastering process! 


Where Did We Go: Wrong

8 comments:

  1. -= Faith Healer =-March 24, 2015 at 7:13 AM

    WOW!!! What a CLASSIC track!

    This is AWESOME!!!

    I forgot about the ENIGMA VARIATIONS comp and how much I used to love it ... so now I'm gonna have to try and find it ... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually thinking of posting those compilations! I have the LP's in front of me, but have to check my files to see if I already have mp3 versions. :)

      Delete
    2. that would be fantastic!!!

      Delete
  2. Came across your most excellent blog today needless to say blown away by the amount of 80s stuff I never knew or heard about. Regarding the Pool I helped get that re-released cd out a few years ago and again was moved by how good this "one" man bands music was yet received next to nil exposure! Thanks for keeping this music out here for those willing to take some time to explore these audio gems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! Thank you for the information and push on that re-released disc! I'm always looking for good tidbits to blog about or collect...or record.

      Delete
  3. Just a note "that" label Anodize that re-released the Pool in the last year or so re-released a 1980s DIY synth project by Keeler/Tischler called Port Said. The label(of which I am no longer affiliated with) released 4 discs from the rare and forgotten NYC project Port Said. I think there still available. All I can say is these will probably never get re-released again as both members of Port Said are no longer walking the earth! Great music in a very lo-fi DIY way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again! I will check it out. I always appreciate something that is old 'new' to me. :)

      Delete