Saturday, January 10, 2015

Wang Chung - Fire In The Twilight (US 12 Inch / 1985)




01 Wang Chung - Fire In The Twilight (Specially Remixed Version) 3:42
02 Jesse Johnson & Stephanie Spruill - Heart Too Hot To Hold 4:23






A quick post from the Wang Chung library. I've had this ready for awhile now, may as well get it on the blog. Nothing to special here. The 'Specially Remixed Version' seems to be an edit of the actual track...that's it. It's fifteen seconds shorter. The Jesse Johnson track is the same as the soundtrack. Grab this one for the artwork...if you want. All art & recordings are from this release. Art was uploaded to Discogs.


Fire In The: Twilight

7 comments:

  1. -= Faith Healer =-January 11, 2015 at 8:01 PM

    Yeah, that was not all that unusual in the 80s. Often the 12 inch "Remix"version was shorter than the album version ... lol

    thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know it. What a pisser to find it out after the fact. SALES...bs. At the time, I needed to have this (1985)...lol! I didn't realize until recently how lame it was. Who cares. It's only good for the art I posted and sent to Discogs! Good insight...which I know you already have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. -= Faith Healer =-January 12, 2015 at 9:35 PM

    lol ... bought several of these "remixes" myself, back in the day! Gotta love record companies and their gimmicks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right?! I'm guessing if they had posted the track times on the jacket it probably would not have sold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. -= Faith Healer =-January 13, 2015 at 7:31 AM

    yep. And technically they are not wrong. A shorter version of the song is basically a remix (now an edit). It's even funnier if they just fade the song out about 20 seconds earlier ... lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just discovered your blog. Great music here. Thanks for sharing it. Would you happen to have the UK version of this with Dreaming In The Hills Of Heaven on the B side?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I appreciate the comment. I will check my collection regarding your request. I'm 'almost' certain I don't have it. Perhaps a purchase from discogs can solve that! ;)

      Delete