Saturday, January 10, 2015

MCL (Microchip League) - New York (US 12 Inch / 1987)




01 New York (Dancefloor Cut) 5:06
02 New Tork (Double-New York Mix) 6:42
03 Communicate (Atomic Part) 5:53
04 Communicate (Peking Walk) 4:25
05 Communicate (Atomik Beats) 2:31

Bonus

06 Communicate (12 Inch Remix) 7:08
07 Communicate (Razormaid!) 7:19
08 New York (LP Version) 4:57
09 New York (Midnight Mix) 6:11
10 New York (Razormaid!) 6:24






I've been flirting with posting this twelve inch for years. Perhaps it was my last Westside Records post that inspired me to rip this one out. If you don't know this record, well, you must live under a rock or are younger than 25 (not to age myself)! It was an instant club classic back in 1987, rivaling the best out there...Front 242, Nitzer Ebb & Cabaret Voltaire. Every copy I have ever owned had the groove worn right out of it. Needless to say, this recent version that I picked up on the cheap has a bit of wear too, but I was able to get a healthy rip of it. I WAS going to use the 2005 CD release of MCL 'Different Mixes', but it is helplessly 'brick walled' in the remastered form...ugh! The bonus tracks I have were taken from various other CD's I have of Razormaid! and DJ only releases. I apologize in advance for the bit rates on the bonus material. It varies, but it all is above 250. All art and recordings (1-5) are taken from this twelve inch release. All images were forwarded to the Discogs site.


New York: New York

14 comments:

  1. brilliant ! good days of talla 2xlc sound, please post mcl different mixes cd too. cheers !

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT. This tune is one of my top 5 80s classics, even though my wife hates it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment! I might post that as well. We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Les! Easily in my top 10 of 80's club hits!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. -= Faith Healer =-January 11, 2015 at 7:59 PM

    GREAT TRACK (like everything else from Westside) ... thank you for sharing another great vinyl!!!

    now that you mentioned it, I hope one day you share some rare Razormaid or DJ Only Remixes

    ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Faith! I'd love to post some of my Razormaid collections. I have about 25...some CD and some colored vinyl. There has been an issue in the past with posting such collections and they generally get flagged by the DMCA group that patrols such blogsites as mine. Hence the problem in this day and age. I love and respect Joseph Watt and his group, so I will have to decline at this time. Outside of that....oh boy do I have the DJ remix material. Keep your eyes peeled!

    ReplyDelete
  7. -= Faith Healer =-January 12, 2015 at 9:33 PM

    I have a few Razormaid boxes ... all their remixes are great ... no doubt. Looking forward to the other DJ Remix stuff ... I have Ultimix, Funkymix et all, so I hope you have some rare remix services like Roadkill or Rampage!

    I'll keep my eyes peeled!

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nearly 16, 000 downloads of this already! My comment percentage on it is about....0.004%! C'mon, already...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nearly 16, 000 downloads of this already! My comment percentage on it is about....0.004%! C'mon, already...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know I'm coming late to the party, but wanted to drop a HUGE Thank You for all you share!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Cory! You are welcome.

      Delete
  11. A year late, but thanks! I have the 12" but no turntable, and the bonus cutz are a real treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The actual LP from MCL (which is on here too) has garnered more than 16,00+ downloads...boom!

      Delete