Friday, November 28, 2014

Wall Of Voodoo - Mexican Radio (US 12 Inch / 1982)




01 Mexican Radio 3:54
02 There's Nothing On This Side 6:36
03 Mexican Radio (Dub Version) 4:08

Bonus

04 There's Nothing On This Side 10:42






One of my friends requested this some time ago, so I figured now is a good time as any to give it a proper recording. It's been listed on the Discogs site in many ways. I've decided to give you the breakdown of the tracks and as a bonus, the full 10+ minute version as it is labeled on the vinyl and jacket. There is no mention of 'Mexican Radio (Dub Version) on the record itself, but it is quite apparent that it is, in one way or another, some form of the track. It is my labeling as (Dub Version). No official word as to what it's called unless you believe everything Discog site posts!  All the tracks and the artwork are from this original 12 inch.


I'm On A Mexican: Radio

13 comments:

  1. I have this 12 inch as well. A shame this is the only thing they are remembered for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew there was a Mexican Radio Dub Version. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Technically yes and somewhat no. I guess it depends on what the listener thinks and what is posted on the Discogs site for this one. http://www.discogs.com/Wall-Of-Voodoo-Two-Songs-By-Wall-Of-Voodoo/release/703907 Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PPMD: I completely agree with you. I, on the other hand, have most of the Wall Of Voodoo material and nearly all the Stan Ridgeway releases in my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    I've got the 2-track UK "Limited Edition Special Dub Mix" of Mexican Radio
    http://www.discogs.com/Wall-Of-Voodoo-Mexican-Radio/release/564969
    and I can confirm that it's same mix featured on this US 12".

    Agree with the comments about Wall of Voodoo and Stan Ridgway (the latter only remembered as a solo artist, if at all, for 'Camouflage' in the UK). Both well overdue for some credit and wider acknowledgement!

    Great posting and commentary as always, many thanks!

    Best wishes, Khayem

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent. Thanks for the update and comparison, Khayem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who knew ... this is officiallt the first "HIDDEN TRACK" before CDs made it standard!

    Amazing! Never knew there was a remix of this track .... also agree with everyone about the Stan Ridgeway comments ... love his solo stuff, especially Camouflage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy jumpin' christ, I have passed this 12-inch single over MULTIPLE times simply because "it doesn't have a remix on it".... and there was one on there the whole damn time?!! This is amazing. Next time I see one, gonna snap 'er up. Been a loyal Ridgway fan forever, love him and love WoV.
    Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your welcome! I know...right? The 'hidden' track as someone referred to earlier! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This track drove me pinche loco back in the day! Thanks for the Dub mix!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! Your welcome. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete