Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Eight Seconds - Kiss You (When It's Dangerous) (Canadian 12 Inch / 1986)




01 Kiss You (When It's Dangerous) 4:07
02 Land Of The Monsters 4:34
03 Kiss You (When It's Dangerous) (Extended Mix) 6:02






During the Autumn of 1986, Eight Seconds emerged on the US Pop scene with this one and only hit. The track and the full length release 'Almacantar' were promoted with a US Tour as the opening act for Wang Chung's tour to promote 'Mosaic'. I had a 6th row seat for this show in Milwaukee at the Riverside. I also was able to hang out with Andres and Frank following the show. I took them nightclubbing and they followed up by guesting me into the concert the next night in Chicago. Of course I went. A great time!

The two tracks from the a-side are taken from the CD 'Almacantar'. The extended mix of the title track was recorded from the 12 inch. The sound quality is evident. Not bad, but not up to my standards of crispness...even with a bit of tweaking. All art was taken from this original vinyl as well. 


I'll Kiss You When It's: Dangerous 

2 comments:

  1. Hello do you have this 12" Single for sale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. I sold it not to long after posting this on the blog. Sorry. Thanks for asking, nonetheless!

      Delete