Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Propaganda - Dr. Mabuse (UK 12 Inch / 1984)




01) Das Testament des Mabuse 10:13
02) Femme Fatale (The Woman With The Orchid) 3:18
03) (The Ninth Life Of) Dr. Mabuse 4:08
 


Another excellent 12 inch from the original Propaganda lineup circa 1984.
This in fact, was the first recording I hade ever heard by them. It was on a club promo VHS video recording from the old Milwaukee VHS video producer 'Wolfram'!  Back then, getting your hands on one of these compilations was worth it's weight in gold!
All art is from my original 12 Inch. The recordings are taken from the 2012 CD release 'Noise & Girls (Come Out To Play)'. A Propaganda compilation.
Why Does it Hurt When My Heart Misses A: Beat (NL 10-8-14)

4 comments:

  1. Bloody GENIUS, this single.
    I end up playing "A Secret Wish" and "Wishful Thinking" in heavy rotation every winter, so I thank you for the perfect timing on this. For all the multiple/various versions of "P.Machinery" I've accumulated over the years, this 12-inch has always eluded me (well, at a reasonable price....)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should also mention (for the anti-blog/anti-sharing brigade out there) that this post has prompted me to go on-line and purchase the "Noise & Girls" CD (which I knew nothing about). So there we are - another CD sale spurred-on by a great blog post. When will people learn that this is how we hear music these days? No radio-station is playing Propaganda. No physical store is stocking "Noise & Girls". THIS IS IT.
    //end rant.
    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best comment ever! Why yes, thank you, I will publish this...

    ReplyDelete