Friday, January 24, 2014

Alphaville - Big In Japan (US 12 Inch / 1984)




01) Big In Japan (Extended Vocal) 7:06
02) Big In Japan (Instrumental Version) 5:57
03) Big In Japan (7 Inch Version) 3:49





 
So I have been sitting on this 12 inch for quite some time and have been wanting to post it. You can find it in a million other places and there are tracks scattered about on way too many other compilations. The issue I've had thus far is that I can't seem to find the right balance of sound with any other versions. Some are amplified off the scale, others are recorded on a child's phonograph and still others are equalized terribly. When in doubt...DIY! I've said this before with other posts I've made and I'm saying it again! Don't get me wrong, I have about 2 gigs of Alphaville tracks to work with, but in the end, it comes down to taking the recordings from the original 30 year old vinyl.
 
 
Neon On My Naked Skin, Passing Silhouettes....Big In Japan


4 comments:

  1. I am fairly certain I've never heard or gotten the Instrumental in high quality. This will definitely be a treat! Thanks for the care given to post this, sir RAF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the instrumental from other d/l's and a some other compilation, but the quality was questionable, There are some good ones too, but rather than go through the whole lot, I just recorded it myself. Thanks JS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment, but it seemed that it was a 'copy' of what I said previously.

    ReplyDelete