Monday, December 30, 2013

Thompson Twins - Doctor! Doctor! (UK 12 Inch / 1984)




01) Doctor! Doctor! (Extended Mix) 7:52
02) Nurse Shark 4:06
 
 
 



This is just the tip of the iceberg regarding my Thompson Twins collection of 12 inches. I can only think of one other person who could possibly beat me when it comes to the shear amount of TT in a collection (wink...wink...eLeMeNOhPeaQ).
 
All art is from the vinyl. The recordings are from the 2008 Deluxe CD remaster of 'Into The Gap'.
 
 
Is This Love I'm Feeling? Doctor: Doctor!
 

5 comments:

  1. Great post. Great group. I might challenge you on your TT collection. Mine stands at 99 pieces. I worked with One Way Records on the 2004 2CD reissue of 'Into The Gap'. Wish the group got more recognition than it did. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post. Thompson Twins deserved more recognition than they received. I worked on the 2004 2 CD re-master of 'Into The Gap' with One Way Records. I might challenge your TT collection. Mine stands at 99 pieces. Excellent post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I do have quite a bit of Thompson Twins in my collection. Sadly, I don't have it all.

    Have you ever wondered what "Nurse Shark" was all about? It was the Twins' (Tom's, really) idea of experimenting with taking the A-Side and slowing it down (same thing was done with "Hold Me Now," which yielded "Let Loving Start'). It was a unique idea, but kind of made for a boring B-Side. Luckily, "You Take Me Up" and "Sister Of Mercy" (oh, and "The Gap") didn't get a slowed down B-Side.

    But, if you sped up "Nurse Shark" to the same speed as "Doctor! Doctor!"...you would get something like this...

    https://soundcloud.com/elemenohpeaq/thompson-twins-nurse-doctor

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always great to hear from true TT fans. I have quite a bit of material, but nowhere close to the amount you have. How awesome to be part of the One Way group for the release! Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, as always, for the insight!

    ReplyDelete