Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Modern English - Somebody's Calling (UK 12 Inch / 1983)




01) Someone's Calling (Remix) 3:43
02) Life In The Gladhouse (Remix) 4:57
 
 
 


So, I have been in the process of collecting anything and all that was early 4 A.D. recordings. This was spurred on by my recent acquisition and reading of the book 'Facing The Other Way: The Story of 4A.D.' by Martin Aston.
 
The remixes on this 12 inch may seem slightly shorter than those listed on Discogs, but I assure you they are the same. I cut the dead seconds at the beginning and end of each track...nothing is missing. All art is from the original 12 inch of mine.
 
 
 Oh Me, Oh My, Life In The: Gladhouse 

8 comments:

  1. Rob, How's your 4AD back cat coming along? I'm about to put some Modern English up and I'll be borrowing your rip of Someone's Calling in the second instalment with their second album "After The Snow". One 12" single I don't have is Chapter 12...hint!!
    Andie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catalogue is moving a bit slow. I hold out for pristine expensive copies that are near mint. Hence a bit of $$ and Discogs! All good, I look forward to your post and have at the share! Glad it's good enough for you to use. I'll look into the Chp. 12 ! ;)

      Delete
  2. BTW, I had this CD, recorded it at 320 and took a scan of the art. Unfortunately the scan is on an angle...duh, so I just NOW reordered the CD to keep in my permanent collection! http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/285445920?ev=bp_det

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a good 320 rip of the Ricochet Days LP I can share, but I don't have the CD version. I've just posted my FLAC rip of their début LP Mesh & Lace plus the album and singles @ 320. Give them a listen as they're very different from the later chart friendly albums.
      Andie

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the update. I'll check it out! I'm expecting the '92 re-issue of Ricochet Days to be arriving soon. I already have it at 320 and will post it once it comes in. I just want the physical CD for my 4 A.D. collection. Let me know if you are looking for other M.E. (Rob)

      Delete
  3. http://norecordshopsleft.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/pressures-on-no-time-to-lose.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice work Andie! Thanks for the link to all these great Modern English singles...in FLAC! Hopefully there will be a few followers here who will be able to visit your site and grab the link!

      Delete