Friday, December 27, 2013

Edelweiss - Bring Me Edelweiss (US 12 Inch - UK CDS / 1988)



 
US 12 Inch
 
01) Bring Me Edelweiss (Vocal Version) 9:11
02) Bring Me Edelweiss (Rap Version) 5:42
03) Bring Me Edelweiss (Tourist Version) 7:43
04) Bring Me Edelweiss (Yodel Version) 4:59
 
UK CDS
 
05) Bring Me Edelweiss (Single Version) 3:40
06)  Bring Me Edelweiss (Alpengluhen Version) 1:15
07) Bring Me Edelweiss (Kitz-Stein-Horn Version) 4:07
08) Bring Me Edelweiss (Inzest House Version) 7:29
09) Bring Me Edelweiss (Ruck Zuck Version) 4:59
10) Bring Me Edelweiss (Schnaps Bonus beats) 2:43
 
 
 


 
Ibiza & The Summer Of Love were in full swing when this little lovely dropped in 1988.
It became an instant dance classic with enough 'versions' to choke the Edelweiss right out of you. All the classic samples are here, as well as the token original vocal rip that was all the rage of typical dance 12 inches of the time. Everything was owed to M/A/R/R/S' - 'Pump Up The Volume'.
 
I found this 12 inch out in San Diego recently ($3), although I had the original way back then too. The CDS was found in a cut-out bin of cheapos. I though I'd be kind and give you the whole lot of it. Happy Friday!
 
So When You Really Love Me, Darling Bring Me : Edelweiss


12 comments:

  1. Great classic!! I can't believe you found this in the bargain bin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right...mint condition too! I have to admit, the store was a bit more 'scattered' than I cared for, but that's when you find the best material. 'Be willing to get dirty' is what I always say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't thank you enough for sharing this! I still have my 12" single copy that I purchased at the time, but haven't listened to it in years due to living a turntable-free life... Again, many thanks for your generous contribution!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, glad I could help! Thank you for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And did you know that there's a KLF connection too, as it was written following the guidelines in The Manual (How To Have A Number One The Easy Way)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A KLF reference would seem quite right as well. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. do you also have their follow up hit STARSHIP EDELWEISS? It was just as clever as the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Full EDELWEISS discography here: http://uloz.to/xTsi2oW/edelweiss-discography-rar

    Trust me some of their other songs are even better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have some limited amounts of Edelweiss, but thank you for the comments and link! So much music and so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many mixes I've never heard, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? No all are worthy, but it is fun.

      Delete
  11. I swear I had a version where they sang a modified chorus from ABBA's "S.o.s.".....

    ReplyDelete