Sunday, October 27, 2013

Romeo Void - Never Say Never (EP / 1981)




01) Never Say Never 6:04
02) In The Dark 4:26
03) Present Tense 5:46
04) Not Safe 3:53
 
 
 

 
I had a request for this one and honestly, I have no issues filling it. I was going to do a dual post of R.V. back when I laid out the 'Girl In Trouble' 12 inch, but I got sidestepped. This is an awesome EP! Something about the drumming, bass line and guitar work make this EP ring loud and solid even 32 years after it's release. I can honestly say that this sounds far better on vinyl as opposed to the CD pressings, of which you can't find some of these tracks...yeah, I looked.  Everything was recorded & photo'd from this EP.
 
 
I Might Like You Better If We Slept: Together

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the time and effort to share this GEM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I'm happy to see that the link is still up and working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great ep, I used to play it a lot on my college radio show when it came out. You're right about the sound of it. (although listening to it today after 25+ years, I'm struck about how much the bass & guitar sound like early Cure). The off-kilter sax is what also really makes it different from most rock bands. Classic material and hard to find. Thanks!
    -peacenik

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Thanks Peacnik for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! Feel free to inundate me with any requests in the Sidestepping facebook page! I'm happy that this link still is alive! Aces my fiend and thanks again! (Rob)

      Delete