Friday, September 13, 2013

Voyou - Houseman (US 12 Inch / 1987)




01) Houseman 5:51
02) Germany Calling 5:55
03) Houseman (Razormaid Mix) 6:50
 
 
 


One Oak Lawn release deserves another! Here is a mid-to-late 80's classic from the world of electronic/synth/industrial. Easily mixable for DJ's and enough bump to push the dance floor, Razormaid really put their magic into the remix!
 
This is one of those records that I was always in search of when I was clubbing (back then). It seemed elusive for me, even with all the vinyl shopping I did. Of course this was way before internet and on-line ordering. Thanks again to my friend Craig for letting me store his record supply. This comes from his collection. All art & recordings are from the vinyl.
 
 
House, House, House, House: Houseman

7 comments:

  1. Yet another of my top 10 all-time FAVORITES and a played often back in the day at Club 6400 in Houston, TX. Great times. Keep posting these great tunes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME Post, RA Feutz !!!

    Thank you very much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this song and everything that came out on SEVEN ELEVEN at the time (definite pre-cursors to EBM/New Beat).

    Do you have anymore of their stuff:

    http://www.discogs.com/label/22902-Seven-Eleven

    Especially:
    J.W.B. Hits The Beat Body On Body / One Day In My Life

    Tubular Bells Tubular Bells - 2 ‎(12")
    F.L.A. Houseparty ‎(7", Single)
    Voyou Radio Bostich ‎(12", Maxi)
    J.W.B. Hits The Beat Abili-Gong-Gong (Kim-Ba-Ba, Mam-Bo-Sa) / House Fatale ‎(12")

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the JWB and the Voyou 'Radio Bostich'! I just need to find some time to post them properly. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. -= Faith Healer =-May 8, 2014 at 9:23 PM

    OH MAN ... that would be really awesome!

    Thank you in advance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure thing! I have them put aside so I can record and get images for a blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. -= Faith Healer =-May 9, 2014 at 10:23 AM

    Again: THANK YOU in advance! I went through the trouble of converting some Youtube posts to MP3 ... naturally the quality doesn't do the tracks any justice!

    Much obliged!

    ReplyDelete