Monday, August 26, 2013

Flesh For Lulu - Idol (UK 12 Inch / 1986)



 
01) Idol 4:49
02) Life Of Crime 2:52
03) Sleeping Dogs 3:00
04) Spaceball Ricochet 2:14




 
 
Here's another fine example of a 12 inch that should have received a whole lot more attention than it got! Back some time ago, I borrowed this record from my friend Brenda (thanks again) and recorded it. My recording was shite compared to what I can do these days and the file was a terrible bitrate anyway.
 
About a two weeks ago I came across this 12'er in a crap cut-out bin of a used CD shop. Yup, it was a mere $0.99 and the front cover was really beat. The record was still in top form, though and I proceeded to record it and photoshop the hell out of the art.
 
Oh Oh, You Keep Calling Me. Yeah Yeah You're My: Idol


7 comments:

  1. indeed a "should of been" classic..thanks for the killer post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! Always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life Of Crime is a Weirdos cover, and not a bad one at that! I was just thinking about this cover version the other day. Thanks for the share!

    http://devildick.blogspot.com/2010/09/weidos-destroy-all-music.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info! Sometimes I know what the covers are, but I didn't search this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These were responsible for the best gig I have ever been to in my life & a couple of the others in my top ten too. A fan club gig in some boring little midland town to introduce their new keyboard player. It was riotous. Love this single of theirs, still have it on 12" from the day it was released. I have the good fortune to be going to see Nick Marsh as Flesh for Lulu in October in London. Cannot wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Stevo! The upcoming show would be awesome to see! I'm jealous as hell. Have a glorious time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This band absolutely should have been much bigger. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete