Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Bollock Brothers - Harley David (SOAB) (UK 12 Inch / 1987)




01) Harley David (Son Of A Bitch) 4:11
02) Son Of A Bitch 4:08
 
 
 



 
Back in 1987, I was shopping at the now famous 'WAX TRAX!' record shop in Chicago. This was a bi-monthly excursion to grab some precious vinyl (lots of cut-out 12 ers) and to go clubbing (EXIT, NEO etc.) Anyway, this was one of the records I picked up after hearing it at Exit one night. It was a must have after that and it's been in my collection ever since!
 
Thanks to Retro Angel for the request. This may be a bit early, but Milwaukee (20 minutes away for me) is gearing up for Harley Davidson's 110th Anniversary event the last weekend in August. Lots of thunder and a MASSIVE turnout!
 
Get on my Harley you daughter of a: Bitch

11 comments:

  1. AWESOME Post, RA Feutz !!!

    Thank you very much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi RA Feutz,

    You have an awesome selection of rare 12 inch and HTF music.

    Have you ever thought of streaming your music from home on the Ra Feutz Channel ???

    Have a good evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi RA Feutz,

    What make/model headphones/cans did you use back in the DJ days and what are you currently using now?

    Thank you very much and have a good evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went through so many headphones back then. I used Sony's for awhile. They were relatively cheap and abundant. Then I swiched to KOSS phones for a while (I had a friend who was a rep there). When I quit djing back in 2008, my go to was BOSE. I don't own any headphones anymore. I use earbuds currently (Nocs NS400 Titanium). Thanks for the interest! More requests added....

    ReplyDelete
  5. -= Faith Healer =-May 7, 2014 at 9:02 AM

    ABSOLUTE KILLER TRACK!!!

    I used to play this song almost every night at an underground club in the 90s and people NEVER got tired of it!

    More Bollock Brothers PLEASE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment! I might have some more BB to share...

    ReplyDelete
  7. -= Faith Healer =-May 7, 2014 at 1:54 PM

    thank you!!!

    As you can tell I used to play Faith Healer by BB a lot too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. You're welcome. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  9. This was a common play at - of all places - a now closed blues bar I would always go to. Great floor filler some nights and floor clearer others. Lol. I'm on my second copy - long story short,had a box of records stolen from my late mother's storage unit just before she passed away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks George! This track got played a lot in Chicago! Sucks about the stolen records.

      Delete