Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Secession - The Magician (UK 12 Inch / 1987)




01) The Magician (Pecky Plus Mix) 6:56
02) Magic Drums 3:20
03) The Magician (Pecky Dub Mix) 5:29
04) The Killing Season: 4:21




I found this 12 inch and all the other Secession 12 inches for $1 a piece, in a now defunct record store that used to be on Brady St. in Milwaukee. It was the late 90's. At the time, I had no clue what to expect from these 12ers, but for a dollar, you couldn't go wrong! So true was that! The records turned out to be rare and desired by many 80's Retro DJ's. I sold them for 10X what I paid. 

This particular 12 inch worked well when mixing into or out of New Order's 'Bizarre Love Triangle' or 'True Faith'...you call it. The two recordings are very similar in sound, BPM and year release. No doubt that if you liked New Order, you'll like this one as well!!

Give it up now baby, C'mon c'mon darling....you'll never understand the joy it gave me:  Magic


11 comments:

  1. Quality stuff here. restorations sound great. love Secession... more 12's from them if poss? --Joe from Buffalo, NY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joe! More are on their way. I have all of the Secession 12 inches and will be posting them as they are completed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have all of Secession singles too except this one. Been looking for it for years! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome...just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. By any chance do you have the release with the Percapella? I'm looking to start remixing again, this time to the music that got me into DJing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I currently don't have that. I'll have to do some checking about. What release was this on? Heading over to discogs...thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the quick response. here's the release:

    https://www.discogs.com/Secession-The-Magician/release/7093908

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking at that. Siren release 31-13 doesn't have a seller yet, but I will be waiting for one. So will probably quite a few other people. I looked about elsewhere and I can't find a copy/version to download either. Thanks for bringing this version to my attention. It's probably the only one (Secession) I don't have at the moment.

      Delete
  8. Hey RA!!

    Do you happen to have the Secession 23-13 release (Michael), featuring the Chris-Lord Alge remix??? https://www.discogs.com/Secession-Michael/release/7744622

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but I wish I did. I'll keep my eyes open if there ever is one up for sale on the Discogs page!

      Delete