Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Men Without Hats - Living In China (UK 12 Inch / 1983)



01) Living In China 3:02
02) Modern Dancing 4:10
03) Cocoricci (Le Tango des Voleurs) 3:20




One of the earlier Statik records releases out of England in 1983. I'm not sure why I decided to pull this 12 inch out of my collection for digital transfer. I am sure I was looking for something else in the 'M' file. Nonetheless, I still enjoy the early MWOH releases. I did see them perform back in 1987, but unfortunately missed the U.S. Winter 2012 tour w/ Bow Wow Wow!

4 comments:

  1. You missed a good show, although the show with Human League down at 2011 OysterFest in Chicago was much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the B-Side, Modern Dancing! I have to find the longer version (by 30 seconds) of Antarctica again, which I believe was only on the original issue of an EP. But, thanks for this...as it helps fill another missing piece of my Hats puzzle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only have a 3:25 version of 'Antarctica'. This version is only on a best of CD compilation and the UK & US 12 " vinyl's of 'Safety Dance' Perhaps further exploration into Discogs will give me insight into the longer version. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, so I didn't correctly remember the 'longer' version of Antarctica from the Folk Of The 80's EP, (we both know that now), as it is 1 minute longer than the single/album version. And, I don't even remember if there is a difference between Modern(e) Dancing and Modern Dancing. Getting old sucks. ;)

    ReplyDelete