Saturday, November 17, 2012

Care - Whatever Possessed You (UK 12 Inch / 1984)



01) Whatever Possessed You @ 4:30
02) Besides One @ 2:04
03) Besides Two @ 1:45
04) Besides Three @ 1:55
05) Besides Four @ 1:59




A superb 12 inch from 1984 by the band Care. Care consisted mainly of  singer extraodinaire Paul Simpson  (The Wild Swans) and well known producer Ian Broudie (The Lightning Seeds). This is highly sought after by fans. Lucky for me, I picked up a mint copy from a used record bin for 1$. This was way before I'd ever heard of the band Care and years before the release of any Wild Swans or Lightning Seeds material.

I took the time to enhance these direct 12 inch recordings for the best possible sound. Re-EQ'ed and aplified slightly. All art was photographed & retouched.

Whatever may possess you after listening to this:  Bliss 2

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for these 2 Care's 12 inch hope you can upgrade it to FLAC and their other 12 inch.
      thanks

      Delete
    2. Too late for that. I sold each of these 12 inches for $50 a piece about 3 months ago. I'm working on buying the Care 'Best Of' release so I can post that one in flac. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete