Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sparks - Music That You Can Dance To (US 12 Inch / 1986)



01) Music That You Can Dance To (Club Version) @ 6:33
02) Music That You Can Dance To (LP Version) @ 4:23
03) Music That You Can Dance To (Mini-Version) @ 2:30






'Music That You Can Dance To' was the first single released (7/19/86) by Sparks (Ron & Russel Mael) from their 14th album 'Music That You Can Dance To'. The single itself did not chart on the Billboard Hot 100, but it did make a Top 10 showing on the Billboard Hot Dance Charts at #6 and stayed on the charts for 11 weeks. It was released on Curb Records in the US and a host of other labels for the rest of the world.

Track 1 was taken from the 1996 CD release 'The 12 Inch Mixes'
Track 2 was pulled from the 1991 Dbl. CD release 'Profile: Ultimate Sparks Collection'
Track 3 was recorded from the 12" 

On a side note, track 3 does not have any flaws in it, due to the way I recorded it. I did some general cleaning and a slight bass boost, but the original cut and remix on this make it a 'throw away' that really is awkward...and too short to work with for any DJ. (IMO)

Get Up Dear, Get Up And Try: (New Link 9-27-15)
  

6 comments:

  1. This Club Version is absolutely gorgeous! I am not sure how I missed this one, as I only discovered it about a year ago (or so). As soon as I came across the music video, I was on the hunt for an extended version, and was happy to find the 12 Inch Mixes. Thanks for the post! It's nice to have this again after I lost it the past July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for checking it out and letting me know about the link issue! Send me a FB PM if you're looking for anything outside the parameters of the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I know this one very well because of 1986's cult BMX flick Rad, played during the dance scenes right before Real Life's "Send Me an Angel." Part of my childhood. Great and awesome classic 80s dance track! Thank you so much!

    I liked your Facebook page and will feel free to message you there from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog. I was so excited to find this lost gem, unfortunately link is dead ;(
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. I'll reload it for you!

      Delete