Friday, September 3, 2010

Tools Of Romance - Tools Of Romance (EP/1985)

Here's a group out of DeKalb, IL. (USA) consisting of (5) members; Dave Vogeler: Lead Vocals, Guitars / Elizabeth: Lead Vocals, Sythns / David Castenson: Guitars / Bob Vodick: Bass Guitar, Vocals / Rock O'Sadnick: Drums. This EP was produced in 1985 and follows in line w/ the Synth-Guitar-Male-Female vocal stylings of that time. The band played the Milwaukee-Chicago circuit and were featured quite often on Dekalb's own WDEK 92.5fm radio station. The standout track from this EP was 'Red To Blue'. I've posted the 'Red To Blue' video as well.  Enjoy!




Tools Of Romance - Tools Of Romance (EP/1985) @ 320
01) I Won't Wait (4:37)
02) Tower Of Fear (4:24)
03) Red To Blue (4:22)
04) Cool Heart (5:13)

Try a sample of it here @ this address  http://tiny.cc/1kc5u

9 comments:

  1. Robert,
    Wow! Thanks for the post of our EP! That was a great time to be playing in the upper Midwest, lots of clubs and yes we used to get paid as well.

    Red to Blue was my favorite, being the bass player and all, but just playing with this group of musicians was a great experience.

    I'm still at it with a new original Chicago based band "Aaron Fox & the Reliables" and the rest of Tools have scattered to Rockford, Washington D.C, and LaSalle

    Good to see old friends Dark Facade as well!

    Thanks Again,
    Bob Vodick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob! Not sure why or how come I never replied to your post. Sorry about that.

      Delete
  2. hello, can you upload the four tracks in flac?

    Thx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if the link still works, but for me to offer up a FLAC file, I would need to re-record this. Unfortunately I sold it several years ago! Thanks for asking, nonetheless!

      Delete
  3. please RA feutz, upload again Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK...thanks. Will do. Check back in a day or so.

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much! Mr. RA Feutz! this blog is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a quick note. I thought I sold this EP, but recently found it. I will be creating a whole new post for this with updated art and FLAC files. The art is done, the recording is next. Hopefully tomorrow it will be the 'newest' re-post! Thanks.

      Delete
  5. It would be great to hear again!!! Mr RA feutz,
    songs: Cool heart, i won't wait .... Wow! A historical find!!! update in FLAC files!!
    Man so awesome. I'm so excited!! my thanks!!

    ReplyDelete